Scary Statistics: Denver Break-Ins and How to Stay Safe

20 May Scary Statistics: Denver Break-Ins and How to Stay Safe

Saturday night may be all right for fighting, but in Denver, you’re more likely to be a crime victim on a Wednesday afternoon between 3 and 6 p.m. Tuesday comes in second, as does 6 to 9 p.m., according to Denver Police Department statistics for a 30-day period ending in mid-May 2015.

What makes weekday afternoons rank so high in crime statistics? Home burglaries and thefts. 

High Property Crimes

During the first 4½ months of the year, there were just under 10,000 crimes reported in the City and County of Denver. Of those, nearly 60% were property crimes including burglaries and theft while only 24% were violent crimes ranging from homicide to assaults. Looking at it in one way, you’re three times safer than your stuff is—even more so if you stay out of trouble. 

Top Quality Defense Locks

Nationwide statistics show that a home with a security system is 10 times less likely to be burglarized, but whether you have a security system or not, 95% of home break-ins require the use of force, and 85% of them are committed by amateurs, not professional lock-pickers. That means your first lines of defense are your doors and windows. We don’t know how to help the 5% that leave their homes unlocked. But the other 95% can add an extra layer of security by installing good quality locks on their doors and windows. 

Invest in Safety

The pros at Alexius Security, Denver’s Hometown Locksmiths, have more than 16 years’ experience in reliable and affordable locking systems for doors and windows. From keyed locks with rugged deadbolts and strike plate reinforcement to sophisticated electronic and remote lock systems, our expert locksmiths are up-to-date on the latest security systems and can help you find the one that’s right for you.

Alexius Security’s products and services are guaranteed, and we’re bonded and insured. We’re at your service throughout the Metro Denver area 24/7 for lock-outs as well as installation and repairs. We’ve received the Better Business Bureau’s Gold Star certification five years in a row, and are part of Angie’s List and the Tom Martino Troubleshooter Network.

Visit our website,, for a complete list of our services, policies, and testimonials from our satisfied customers. Then keep our number handy for the times you need professional, reliable locksmith services.

No Comments

Post A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.